Terms & Conditions
Simple and transparent Terms & Conditions
Osborne Cawkwell Tuition acts as an introductory agent and is authorised by the tutors on our books to enter into contracts on their behalf. Osborne Cawkwell Tuition will do this by taking your enquiry and recommending a suitable tutor. Once Osborne Cawkwell Tuition has emailed you the confirmation of the tutor you have agreed to engage, a contract will come into existence between you and the tutor as well as a separate contract between you and Osborne Cawkwell Tuition.
Payment of commission
- By engaging a tutor through Osborne Cawkwell Tuition, you commit to paying us commission on each hour a tutor teaches for you.
- You agree not to directly or indirectly engage, or offer to engage, the tutor to provide tuition to you on any basis other than through Osborne Cawkwell Tuition.
- We regret to have to advise that if you breach this agreement, you agree that you shall pay Osborne Cawkwell Tuition the sum of £500 as liquidated damages and any commission found or estimated to be due. You agree and accept that this sum represents a reasonable estimate of Osborne Cawkwell Tuition’s loss arising from your breach of our contract and monitoring for its potential occurrence.
Cancellation terms & conditions – hourly placements
- For hourly placements, please ensure that you and your tutor are agreed in advance on the arrangements for each lesson.
- If you need to cancel or change a lesson, please contact the tutor directly (as opposed to the office) as we cannot guarantee we can get a message to your tutor immediately. Your tutor’s email address and phone number can be found in their OCiS profile that you will have access to. Please email or text your request to cancel a lesson so there is written proof of your instruction and a time stamp.
- Lessons that are cancelled by the client with less than 48 hours’ notice are charged for in full.
- If you have booked a block of ten or more hours over a half term or school holiday, we require that you give the tutor at least 7 days’ notice if you wish to cancel 50% or more of the hours, otherwise the full booking will be charged for.
- Lessons that are rescheduled with less than 48 hours’ notice will be treated as a cancellation. In these circumstances, you agree to pay for the original lesson as well as the rescheduled lesson.
- If you reduce the lesson’s duration with less than 48 hours’ notice, you agree to pay for the original number of hours booked.
Cancellation terms & conditions – residential placements
- For residential placements, please ensure that both you and your tutor are agreed in advance on the arrangements for each position.
- Positions that are cancelled by the client with less than 14 days’ notice are charged for in full.
- Please note where a tutor is booked for a certain number of days, we expect that the contract will be honoured by the client.
How you pay
- For ease of administration, the tutor’s fee and Osborne Cawkwell Tuition’s fee are detailed on the same invoice.
- Invoices are issued through OCiS, our online system.
- For UK based clients, invoices are sent at the start of each calendar month to cover the previous month’s tuition.
- For overseas clients, invoices are sent in advance at the start of each calendar month to cover the forthcoming month’s tuition.
- For in-school tutoring placements, invoices are sent half-termly in advance before the start of the term and we request payment on receipt of invoice.
- We request that you settle your invoices by debit or credit card through OCiS. This is a safe platform which will encrypt your card details for data protection purposes.
- Please pay your invoice within 7 days; tutors are self-employed and rely on their invoices to be paid on time.
Late payment charges
For an invoice overdue by 30 days or more, we reserve the right to:
- charge an interest rate of 25% per annum on the outstanding balance
- charge an administration fee of £25 for the collection of payment
- advise the tutor that he or she stops tuition until the invoice is settled
We do not guarantee the performance of a tutor
- If a client has a complaint against the tutor or Osborne Cawkwell Tuition, we regard it as a point of contract that we are informed within 24 hours of the occurrence that gave rise to the objection. If this happens between 6 p.m. on Friday and 9 a.m. on Monday, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact Us through the Site. Our office phones are not manned over the weekend or bank holidays.
- Osborne Cawkwell Tuition supplies each tutor in good faith and in the belief that he or she will perform to the best of their abilities. However, we do not guarantee the performance of the tutor.