How we work
Simply, clearly and effectively
- You call or send us an email (a face-to-face meeting isn’t usually necessary). We will ask you about your child, what type of tutoring they require, as well as their availability. We will also need your full address, email and telephone numbers.
- If your child is preparing for GCSE or A level exams, we need to know about the exam board and modules they are taking. This is so we can check that the tutor we place is familiar with the requirements of the specific syllabus.
- Unless you are already familiar with them, we will outline our fees and if you are happy to go ahead. We will also send you an email with our terms and conditions confirming your request.
- Based on the information you give us, we will look at the tutors on our books and hand-pick the tutor who we feel will be the most suited to your child’s needs. Our suggestions are based not only on which tutor has the most experience with children of your child’s age, in the subject that you’ve requested, but also on their respective characters. We also consider the tutor’s availability and location.
- Once our preferred tutor has accepted the placement, we will contact you to let you know who we propose to place with your child. If you are happy to go ahead, we will confirm the arrangement with an email which includes the tutor’s details and the tuition arrangements.
- We introduce tutors on the basis of our terms and conditions. Please ensure that you have read them and are in agreement with each point.
Once the tuition is underway, please discuss any changes to the arrangements directly with your tutor. Unfortunately we can’t guarantee that messages left with us will reach tutors quickly enough. Please note there is a 24 hour cancellation policy – see our terms and conditions for more details. If you are not happy with your tutor at any time, please contact the office as soon as possible. We will be happy to talk through the situation and either suggest a solution or find another tutor for you.